Monday, April 8, 2013

Pottery--is Molio





These are some of my accomplishments in pottery. It takes time to make a piece, then let it dry. It goes then in the kiln for a bisque firing. After that you put on a glaze, coloring. Now it goes back into the kiln for a glaze firing.This is where the glaze or color gets baked into the piece. Wollah, its done. Right, it only took me 3 weeks to do the bottom pot, from start to finish. I work on one piece about 3 hours a week.But there might be 2-3 other pieces that i am working on. When one is drying, i start on another one. So, there might be 3-4 pieces that i have in the kiln to dry, and then 2-3 pieces for me to glaze. This kind of a hobby keeps me busy and out of my wives hair. Not really, we work with clay and make pottery together. Zmona ir as, abudu mes su molio dirbam. Mes su juo jau 3 metus dirbam.

No comments:

Post a Comment