Monday, April 1, 2013

My parent's land



This is what my parents property looks today. When the Russians were killing everyone in their path during WW II, my mother managed to save my sister and me, and make it through Poland into Germany. My father and my mothers brother died by Russian hands, by being starved to death in a prison camp. This property went through many hands. A family member has it now, but has no money to do anything with it. Only Lithuanian citizens are allowed to buy and own property in Lithuania. I tried to get it, but no luck. But then, what would I do with it anyway? I am here in the US. I will see it this year again. Maybe I will plant some flowers or a tree, if it will be OK with the people that own it now. My mother passed away 3 years ago here in Utah, she was 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment